Friday, October 9, 2009

Milan & Florence

Hi! I am actually back in Reno now (blogging from a foreign country is not very easy), but I still wanted to share some fun and inspirational ideas from my travels…

WOW!!!! After a quick one-day visit to Milan, which turned into a shopping trip for me and torture for my husband, we were lucky enough to stay in a bed and breakfast that overlooked the Duomo in Florence, which also put us smack dab in the middle of the action. After walking around for just an evening, it was not hard to decide what my surprising inspiration was in this place - FABRIC! There were fabric stores everywhere, displaying bright colors, unique patterns, and every construction possible. We also visited the Pitti Palace, which has an interior almost covered in fabric from top to bottom of every room. After thinking about it, the colorful and intricate fashion in Milan was directly inspired by the fabrics and decor in Florence. Here are some photos…

1 comment: